Monday

Wagyu cubes are overhyped.

There, I said it. 

I had high expectations from wagyu cubes because I always see my friends post about their wagyu dishes on my Facebook news feed. It's also expensive, so I really thought it is something promising.

For my boyfriend's birthday, I order one kilogram of premium wagyu cubes from my high school friend and I paid PhP 1,500 for it. For that steep price, I expected it to be mind blowing and delicious. I was so excited to cook this dish for our mini celebration and thought it would be best to pair it with marble potatoes and buttered vegetables.

So I defrosted the frozen wagyu cubes first and cooked it the way I would cook steak  with butter and garlic basting.

By the time we tasted the dish, we were really disappointed to find out that wagyu cubes are not premium beef cubes at all. Rather, they are processed beef cubes. The "meat" did not even absorb the butter-garlic basting. It was just like diced unsalted luncheon meat. We did not enjoy the dish. I felt kind of sad that my boyfriend even requested to open a can of Spanish sardines because he wasn't a fan of the wagyu cubes.

Is it just me? Or is there somebody else who shares the same sentiments? Let me know! 


   
TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST
TOUGH PEOPLE DO
★ HAPPIDEZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

How did you find this blog entry? Feel free to leave your comments and/or questions and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for visiting!