Monday

Dear Future Husband

Hey, you! I'm writing from 2010, a couple of weeks before my 23rd birthday. So you see, yesterday, I did something major--something which hopefully would lead me to you. Yesterday, I declared in a permanent fashion my belief about love--that despite what happened to my heart, I still have faith that a "forever" awaits me in the future; that you are also waiting for me; and that we'll find each other in God's perfect time. 

On the day we find each other, I'll show you what I did. I hope you'll be grateful that I stuck to this belief. I hope that as you are touching it, you'll look me in the eye, tell me how proud you are of my strength, and thank me for not giving up on love. On that day, our puzzles will be complete and our lives will intertwine as one. On that day, I am sure, I won't be asking for anything more.

On our day, I'll walk in the aisle with my eyes focused only on the love of my life. On that most-awaited day, I'll be the most beautiful woman in your eyes and you'll be the handsomest man to me. We'll hold hands the whole time--my sweaty arms interlocked with yours. I won't forget to mention in my vows that I never regretted a single thing that I did in the past, because those things led me to finding you.

The heartaches, pains, and tears of yesterday would mean nothing compared to the total bliss I'll be feeling on that day. I'll tell the world that though my heart was broken, my faith remained intact, and that faith brought me where I am destined to be. I'll proudly and whole-heartedly say "I do" in front of all the people that matter to us and I'll be the envy of every girl in proximity. On our day, we will be the happiest persons in the world. On our day, our world will become one another.

I want to have a child by the age of 25, husband. But if I still haven't found you by that time, my belief won't falter. I'll keep waiting. I'll keep hoping. I'll keep believing.

Someday, I'll let you read this letter. I'll narrate to you how patiently I waited. I'll hug you under our white cotton sheets and tell you how relieved I am because the long wait is over. And as we drift to sleep, we'll both know that what we have at that time is true and will last, always and forever.

But for now, all I can do is wait for you, till kingdom come.

Love lots,
Your future wife

live.love.learn.LOL
Happid3zz

2 comments:

  1. this reminds me of the entry written by PhilStar columnist's daughter. something like to my future boyfriend ata title?:)

    Anyhow, cheesy a lol haha pero I love this part:
    On the day we find each other, I'll show you what I did. I hope you'd be grateful that I stuck to this belief. I hope that as you are touching it, you'll look me in the eye, tell me how proud you are of my strength, and thank me for not giving up on love.

    keep believing in love, happiness, and destiny.huuuuuugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should too, madie. oki? we both deserve to be happy. hugs!

    ReplyDelete

How did you find this blog entry? Feel free to leave your comments and/or questions and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks for visiting!